Pregnancy Yoga offers transformational tools that provide safe, inspiring, nurturing and grounded support for women and their babies in pregnancy (from 12-weeks). These nurturing classes are a wonderful way to prepare body and mind for labour, birth, motherhood and the transformations that arise on the way.
By creating a consistent and supportive space for women, at their most intense period of change in life, we will come together and practice yoga through the exploration of breath, relaxation, sound, contemplation and flowing postures. Integrated into the more familiar yoga territory are modern movement based pelvic floor work, holistic birth preparation strategies, ‘birthing tools’ and relevant open discussion.
Benefits of Pregnancy Yoga
- Finding a peaceful time and space to slow down, connect with yourself and with your baby.
- Improved strength, stamina and flexibility.
- Improved Balance – both physical & emotional.
- Improved sleep quality.
- Better blood circulation.
- Reduced swelling from fluid retention.
- Good posture and body awareness.
- Calming of nervous system.
- Breath-work & preparation for labour.
- Improved digestion.
- Reduced back pain.
- Sharing time and space with a small community of other pregnant women.
- Techniques and education to increase your chances of a physiological birth and aid a smoother labour.
Suitable for all pregnant Women (from 12-weeks) with any level of yoga experience, including complete beginners.
These classes are run weekly throughout the year. You can join the class at any time. One-off drop-in is ONLY offered after 36-weeks of pregnancy.
Pregnancy Yoga Classes