The Perfect Introduction to Mysore Style Ashtanga Yoga
‘Moving into Mysore‘ is our 10-week Intro to Ashtanga Yoga Course. This special course is specifically designed to introduce Primary Series pose-by-pose and provide the necessary support whilst you build a sustainable self-practice, both at home and at our studio.
Perfect for complete beginners, rusty practitioners or current students wanting to transition into Mysore-style Ashtanga Yoga classes this course includes 6 weekly introductory classes followed by 4 weeks of Unlimited ANYTIME Mysore classes.
Each course is limited to only 6 people, so you will receive plenty of individual tuition and personal guidance, allowing you to grow your yoga practice at a pace that is right for you.
‘Moving into Mysore’ (6-weeks)
For 6 weeks you will attend a weekly introductory class (Monday or Sunday). Here you will be introduced to and taught the foundation postures of The Primary Series of Ashtanga Yoga pose-by-pose. You will be asked to invest time doing ‘homework’ by practicing what you have learned between each weekly class.
Unlimited Mysore Classes (4-weeks)
After completing the initial 6-week introduction you will be equipped to attend a full Mysore-Style Ashtanga Yoga class, but to give yourself the best chance of maintaining your new habit you have to practice regularly.
Weeks 7-10 of our ‘Moving into Mysore’ course includes Unlimited ANYTIME Mysore classes.
We encourage you to attend as often as you can for these 4 weeks (min. once per week) to keep your momentum going. Each time you attend a Mysore class during this period you will continue to practice what you have learned and be taught new Primary Series poses.
Over the 10-week ‘Moving into Mysore‘ beginners Ashtanga Yoga course you will:
- Learn the foundation poses of the Ashtanga Yoga primary series in the traditional way (i.e. one-on-one and pose-by-pose)
- Develop a yoga practice that is appropriate for, and takes into consideration, your individual needs (i.e. your age, health, fitness, level of concentration, physical ability etc.)
- Be introduced to a Mysore-Style class setting (which can be feel intimidating to new students and those who are used to ‘guided’ or ‘led’ yoga classes
- Begin a personal relationship to your yoga practice that will bring inner confidence and self-empowerment to your yoga journey.
- Receive weekly email ‘homework’ support and additional reading material
- Establish a self-practice of between 60-90 minutes long.
Limited to 3 students per course.
Please bring your own yoga mat. Yoga mats are available to buy from the studio reception. Owning your own yoga mat will help you build confidence and make progress in between classes at the studio and after the course has finished.
Any other yoga props required during class (eg straps, blocks, blankets or bolsters) will be provided by the studio.
Exeter Yoga Workshop
King St Business Centre, 7-9 King St, Exeter, EX1 1BQ
Perfect for beginners, or anyone wanting to transition into Mysore classes.