Advanced Yin & Restorative
Yoga Teacher Training
YOGABEYOND® 80hr Yin Yoga Teacher Training ~ Exeter, UK
Learn to Teach Yin & Restorative Yoga
The YOGABEYOND® 80hr Advanced Yin & Restorative Yoga Teacher Training is a unique 7-day training course for qualified yoga teachers. Its ground-breaking content, not found on ANY other yin yoga teacher training, is based on core energetic principles that go beyond all conventionally taught and widely available material on yin yoga and restorative yoga.
The course syllabus combines Yin Yoga and Restorative Yoga together within the context of Yoga practice as a whole, integrating core elements from Yoga, Chinese Medicine, two schools of Myofascial Release, and Psychology. It offers a comprehensive, easy-to-apply system for teachers to deliver transformative group classes and one-to-one sessions.
This one-of-a-kind training was born out of 13 years (and counting) of clinical Chinese Medicine practice; 15,000+ hrs of yoga teaching; training of Yoga teachers for the past 19 years, and further extensive training in Myofascial Release and Structural Integration. The result is an inspiring and cutting-edge course, presented in a practical and easy to understand package that you would otherwise take many years (and £1000’s!) to learn separately.
This special 7-day yin yoga teacher training will primarily consist of specialist lectures, practical explorations and interactive discussions.
Be prepared to learn about:
- The Bigger Picture – the placement of Yin and Restorative Yoga practice in the context of Yoga in general. Thinking Integratively as a core feature of your teaching
- Yin Yoga vs. Restorative Yoga – their differences, commonalities and why practice both together. The why and how of using props
- Energy – Western and Eastern perspectives, and ways of working with fatigue. The role of breathing and pranayama in facilitating rest and relaxation
- Five Elements, Seasonal Energetics, and deeper well-being
- Anatomy of Stress and why it matters
- Fascia – why it is important and ways of working with it: self-myofascial release, active and passive myofascial release
- Myofascial & Elemental Meridians – their overlaps and practical applications
- Different approaches to teaching Yin and Restorative Yoga in groups and one-to-one
- Sound Healing – introduction, explanation and techniques
Is this training for me?
The YOGABEYOND® 80hr Advanced Yin & Restorative Yoga Teacher Training is for yoga teachers and teacher trainees who are:
- looking for a deeper understanding of Yin and Restorative Yoga that goes beyond the generic ‘de-stress’ approach.
- looking to broaden the arsenal of their yoga teaching tools, and are not afraid to engage in deep self-learning.
- wanting to learn a comprehensive system, based on core energetic principles, that can be widely applied in their teaching craft.
After the course you will:
- be able to structure and plan yin yoga and restorative yoga classes using a comprehensive, easy-to-apply teaching system.
- feel confident to deliver transformative and effective group and one-to-one yin yoga and restorative yoga sessions.
- Be able to apply what you learnt in your own practice and daily life
Not sure if this training is for you?
Book a FREE 20-minute DISCOVERY CALL
Certification & Accreditation
The YOGABEYOND® 80hr Advanced Yin & Restorative Yoga Teacher Training is a certified and accredited further education CPD training. YOGABEYOND® holds itself to the highest standards among yoga educators and is a registered and accredited TrainerPRO with Yoga Alliance Professionals (YAP). We promise to offer you the most thorough and up-to-date training content available, face-to-face.
- 7-Day Further Training CPD Course
- 56hrs in-person yoga tuition (80hrs total)
This course was an extremely comprehensive training in Yin & Restorative Yoga. Yulia's expert knowledge as a Chinese Medicine Practitioner and Yoga Teacher puts this course above many other Yin & Restorative Yoga trainings I have seen. Learning the Meridian theory on Yin yoga is certainly best supported when the trainer practices this every day! I have finished this course feeling confident to share this practice as a teacher, with a clear set of practices for each element.
Beth F (YinTTC - Jan 2022)
Our trainings focus on bridging the gaps in contemporary yoga between practice and theory. By reconciling theory and practice we can explore how they both come alive when integrated into our daily lives.
The YOGABEYOND® vision is to take yoga beyond the conventional hatha yoga tradition and offer an integrated approach to practice, which synthesises the ‘traditional’ with the ‘modern’ to establish a practical and relevant living practice that evolves with you.
By extracting meaning and context from ‘traditional’ yoga practice and philosophy, and combining them with contemporary insights drawn from pioneering research fields in functional anatomy, neuroscience, energy medicine and psychology, we dare to inspire a new wave of yoga practitioners and teachers who are empowered with the mastery of their own mental, physical and emotional well being.
The modern world – and human consciousness – is evolving at a breathtaking rate. As human awareness shifts so does the lens through which we perceive and understand the core teachings of yoga.
Evolution brings about expansion, with new scientific understandings and advancements emerging all the time. We must accept that Traditional’ yoga practice and philosophy is neither contradictory, nor independent, of these contemporary understandings.
YOGABEYOND® core philosophies:
- Yoga is a Living Tradition – a continuous flow of knowledge, insight and experience that has been passed down through the ages from teacher to student.
- Interrelationships: A commitment to explore how systems and philosophies connect and relate to each other.
- Yoga is more than just an escape from everyday life. Yoga is life and everything in it.
- Success in Yoga is not governed or measured by grabbing your heels in a backbend or by your ability to intellectually grasp complex yoga theory.
- Inspiring yoga teachers are forged in the fire of regular, dedicated and meaningful practice.
- The answer to all questions is “It depends…”
- Nothing is absolute; context is everything.
Yulia, you are such a bundle of joy, energy and knowldge, I only wish I lived closer so I could attend your classes! I’ll be back for more training.
Co-Founder, Course Director & Senior Teacher
Yulia Heaton, Co-founder of Exeter Yoga Workshop, BSc (Hons), DipDSY, LicAc, DipCHM, MBAcC.
After completing her first degree in Psychology, Yulia began her Yoga journey in 1999. She has been a full-time Yoga teacher since 2001, and has taught on Teacher Trainings and Yoga Therapy courses since 2003. She has been practicing Chinese Medicine, including Acupuncture, since 2008 when she qualified from the London College Of Traditional Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine. Since then, she worked both independently and as a full-time employed acupuncturist specialising in women’s health and treatment of infertility. Yulia’s fascination with the human body and mind has led her to begin the Structural Bodywork journey with James Earls’ and Tom Myers’ Fascial Release for Structural Balance (FRSB) and John Barnes’ Myofascial Release (MFR) trainings, and to explore Mindfulness and Meditation practices through the teachings of Michael Stone. These are ongoing and ever inspiring, feeding into her regular Yoga classes and workshops.
Her style of teaching is informative, unique and playful. She always encourages students to practice from a place of authenticity and joy. She is a lifelong learner and a health-optimisation geek, seeking to integrate ancient wisdom with modern science.
I chose the Yoga Beyond course because I love Chris and Yulie’s teaching – I fully trust them and knew that they would provide fun, interesting and challenging sessions. The sessions cover so much more than I expected them too, and since beginning, I feel like I’ve really deepened my knowledge of not only asana, but also philosophy, anatomy and psychology too.
Beth B (YTTC 2020-21)
Course Dates 2022
Jan 28-29, 2023 | Feb 25-26 | Mar 11-12| Mar 26
Times & Locations
Saturday 10.00am – 6.00pm
Sunday 10.00am – 6.00pm
All teaching weekends are held at Exeter Yoga Workshop, our purpose-built yoga studio in the heart of Exeter, Devon, UK.
Your Investment – SAVE £100
£725* = SAVE £100
*Earlybird Discount ENDS Dec 1st 2022. Balance must be paid in full at time of registration.
3-Month Payment Plan = £825
To complete your registration you will be required to pay the first of 3 monthly payments of £275 by Direct Debit. Full details on request. This option is not available after Dec 1, 2022.
Your investment includes:
- all tuition fees
- written assignments and correspondence parts of the course (evaluation of your written work, replies to letters, emails and telephone conversations).
- personal interviews and one-to-one mentoring and support from your course tutor(s).
- all manuals and course administration.
Booking & Cancellation
Please ensure you have read and understood the booking & cancellation policy before you register.