Learn and practice the foundations of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga
The 2-day Beginners Intensive is a special weekend yoga workshop specifically designed for those who are completely new to Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga as well as current yoga practitioners seeking a fresh perspective.
Weaving together yoga postures (asanas), chanting, philosophy, meditation and breath-work (pranayama), this inspiring 2-day workshop provides a comprehensive introduction to the foundation poses of The Primary Series – a sequence specifically designed to offer yoga therapy to all practitioners. Focusing upon the 3 key elements of practice – breath, bandhas & drishti – you will learn and then practice the foundations of a simple home practice, as well as explore how yoga is relevant and useful in your day-to-day life.
The Beginners Intensive is also a perfect place to build confidence for students wanting to attend a guided or Mysore Style Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga class.
Over two inspiring days, you will:
- Develop a life-changing daily yoga practice that will transform your physical, mental and emotional wellbeing.
- Learn about yoga postures and yoga philosophy, the relationship between them, and how they relieve physical, mental and emotional suffering.
- Understand how to transform dysfunctional breathing habits through the practice of yoga breathing and Ujjayi Pranayama.
- Explore the core principles of Vinyasa – ‘breathing movement system’ – through the practice of Sun Salutations
- Learn the foundation poses of Primary Series (pose-by-pose), with a view to developing a sustainable home-practice.
- Explore basic Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga ‘finishing poses’ – designed to enhance deep therapeutic relaxation.
- Find out how (and why!) yoga is more than just an exercise routine, and understand its importance within the context of your day-to-day life.
This popular introductory course fills very quickly.
Fully detailed 50 page course manual provided
Exeter Yoga Workshop
King St Business Centre, 7-9 King St, Exeter, EX1 1BQ
Early Bird Discount £135
Saturday [11:00 – 18:00]
Sunday [10:00 – 17:00]
Perfect for complete beginners, current practitioners seeking a fresh perspective, and those wanting to attend Mysore Ashtanga Yoga classes.
60hr Yin & Restorative Yoga Teacher Training 2021
Sept 2021 - Jan 2022
Learn to teach yin & restorative yoga. CPD training for qualified yoga teachers and teachers-in-training.
Ashtanga Yoga: 2-Day Beginners Intensive
February 5-6, 2022
A 2-day Introduction to the Primary Series of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga.
Jump Back, Jump Through
December 4, 2021
Explore the physics and physiology of anti-gravity, in this fun and challenging 3hr Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Masterclass.
280hr Yoga Teacher Training 2022-23
Starting Feb 2022
Deepen your practice, transform your life and learn to teach what you love.
Adjusting Yoga Poses 2022
March - June 2022
Learn how to safely and intelligently adjust yoga poses using applied dynamic alignment principles.
Postures to Prayers: Feet, Legs & Pelvis
Nov 28, 2021
Exploring and shifting emotions in the physical body through yoga and movement. Special 3hr yoga workshops w/ Yulia Heaton
Summer Seasonal Vinyasa
A half-day holistic workshop, built around the energetics of the Summer.
Winter Warmer Workshops
Three special yoga workshops in December, January & February to keep you supported through the winter months
Flight School: Foundations
September 11, 2021
Explore the basics of headstands, forearm balances and handstand, and how to safely practice them, in this fun 1-day workshop
Unfolding Ashtanga Yoga
Explore the deep internal methodology of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga with this special 4-Day Primary Series Immersion
Yoga Teacher Training 2022-23
YOGABEYOND® 280hr Hatha Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training Course 2022-23