Learn and practice the foundations of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga
The 2-day Beginners Intensive is a special weekend yoga workshop specifically designed for those who are completely new to Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga as well as current yoga practitioners seeking a fresh perspective.
Weaving together yoga postures (asanas), chanting, philosophy, meditation and breath-work (pranayama), this inspiring 2-day workshop provides a comprehensive introduction to the foundation poses of The Primary Series – a sequence specifically designed to offer yoga therapy to all practitioners. Focusing upon the 3 key elements of practice – breath, bandhas & drishti – you will learn and then practice the foundations of a simple home practice, as well as explore how yoga is relevant and useful in your day-to-day life.
The Beginners Intensive is also a perfect place to build confidence for students wanting to attend a guided or Mysore Style Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga class.
Over two inspiring days, you will:
- Develop a life-changing daily yoga practice that will transform your physical, mental and emotional wellbeing.
- Learn about yoga postures and yoga philosophy, the relationship between them, and how they relieve physical, mental and emotional suffering.
- Understand how to transform dysfunctional breathing habits through the practice of yoga breathing and Ujjayi Pranayama.
- Explore the core principles of Vinyasa – ‘breathing movement system’ – through the practice of Sun Salutations
- Learn the foundation poses of Primary Series (pose-by-pose), with a view to developing a sustainable home-practice.
- Explore basic Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga ‘finishing poses’ – designed to enhance deep therapeutic relaxation.
- Find out how (and why!) yoga is more than just an exercise routine, and understand its importance within the context of your day-to-day life.
This popular introductory course fills very quickly.
Fully detailed 50 page course manual provided
Exeter Yoga Workshop
King St Business Centre, 7-9 King St, Exeter, EX1 1BQ
Early Bird Discount £135
Saturday [11:00 – 18:00]
Sunday [10:00 – 17:00]
Perfect for complete beginners, current practitioners seeking a fresh perspective, and those wanting to attend Mysore Ashtanga Yoga classes.