Reimagining Hatha Yoga practice with The Enneagram – the map of consciousness underpinning all aspects of your life and relationships
The Enneagram is the most powerful map of human self-transformation available. Working with The Enneagram will awaken a deep insight into the nature of all conscious life, as well as providing answers to profound personal and spiritual questions that arise through dedicated Hatha Yoga practice.
For yoga students – or indeed anyone committed to a more conscious and awakened life – The Enneagram provides real answers to deep questions about ourselves and others, creating a lasting context for Hatha Yoga and shifting challenging mental states encountered both on and off our yoga mat.
Combining a regular yoga practice with the wisdom of The Enneagram, creates a powerful alchemy that will transform your physical, emotional and psychological well-being. By opening your eyes to your unconscious patterns, The Enneagram frees you to make huge positive steps forward and, through renewed insight and clarity of focus, your yoga practice is driven deeper and deeper.
During this 4-day Immersion you will:
- Learn how The Enneagram & Hatha Yoga combine to expose and transform the deep conditioning of the body and mind.
- Discover your Enneagram Type, and achieve unparalleled insight into your unconscious habits of thinking, feeling and behaving.
- Gain profound understanding about the inner world and external patterns of all 9 character types – including all the people in your life!
- Establish ways to disrupt your type’s habitual patterns, and tailor your daily yoga practice to breakthrough your mental, physical and emotional conditioning.
- Master all difficult or painful interactions and relationships by identifying triggers and blind spots within yourself and within other people.
- Embrace your type’s natural positive gifts – the foundation of your life potential – and redirect the focus of your daily sadhana practice to nurture them.
What is the Enneagram?
The Enneagram is an ancient body of wisdom that underpins all aspects of your relational life. It is a map of consciousness that charts nine fundamentally different Character Types, each with their own way of seeing the world, their own attitudes and ways of thinking, reacting and behaving. It reveals the genuine simplicity of life by unravelling the apparent complexities of human beings behaviour. By describing 9 fundamental ways of being, each with their positive and negative traits, the patterns of our lives and relationships finally make sense.
These 9 Ways of Being give rise to 9 different personality types, each with their own patterns of thinking, feeling and behaving. Each of us is one of these 9 types (yes, I know you thought you were unique!). Each type perceives their world, and those in it, differently, and has a different unconscious need that drives both their outward expressions of behaviour and their internal thoughts and emotions.
The Enneagram Symbol – which is a living breathing expression of consciousness – provides the map upon which these seemingly complex patterns are expressed in a form that is easy to understand.
Over 4-Days you will learn, in depth, about all 9 ways of being, including:
- their deep, unconscious needs, drives and fears (i.e. what makes them tick!)
- their predictable patterns of thinking, feeling and behaving (and that predictability means your life experiences and relationships finally make sense!)
- what their unique positive gifts are (yes, we all have them!)
- what each type finds most difficult (these are the life challenges that force us to grow)
- how each type uses their energy to interact with their world (& the humans in it!)
Hatha Yoga & The Enneagram
The Enneagram is a mighty companion to Hatha Yoga. It maps, with breathtaking accuracy, the inner territory that Yoga does not address. Yoga outlines in general terms how to uncover and transcend our limiting patterns, but The Enneagram provides an astonishingly detailed map about how to actually do that for each individual aspirant.
With incredible accuracy The Enneagram describes what liberation and self-transformation looks like for each of the 9 types, and then offers specific personal guidance on how to get there. When you know your Enneagram Character Type you will finally be able to identify what Patanjali refers to as the “layers and imperfections concealing truth.”
Each of the 9 Types has a corresponding somatic pattern. Once you know your patterns, you can adapt your yoga practice to with laser-like focus to break your old patterns (Samskaras).
As a yoga practitioner or teacher you will:
- Discover why you are the way you are and experience a renewed perspective on life, relationships and yoga practice.
- Gain unparalleled understanding of others, improve your communication and bring ease to challenging relationships.
- Identify major blind spots that your practice has not exposed, and breakthrough avoidance techniques that sabotage your progress.
- Refine your ‘edge’, enabling your yoga practice to facilitate genuine transformation and personal liberation.
- Learn the predictable physical, mental and emotional patterns that manifest in each of the 9 Types, how to identify them in others, and as yoga teachers how to adapt what you teach.
- Experience profound self-acceptance and clarity of purpose, and find lasting personal fulfilment, both in yoga and life.
Chris is a Senior Yoga Teacher (SYT), published author and pioneer in the field of human behaviour. He has been practicing and teaching Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga for over 15 years. With over 900 hours of formal training in the UK, US, India, Thailand, Sri Lanka and Nepal, he leads workshops, teacher trainings & Intensives in the UK and Europe. Chris is also the co-author of ‘The Enneagram: Pathways to Happiness‘ and together with his wife Yulia owns The Exeter Yoga Workshop – Exeter’s only purpose built yoga studio.
Exeter Yoga Workshop
King St Business Centre, 7-9 King St, Exeter, EX1 1BQ
Saturday [11:00 – 18:00]
Sunday [10:00 – 17:00]
Saturday [11:00 – 18:00]
Sunday [10:00 – 17:00]
Suitable for all Yoga Students
Early Bird Discount £295*
Payment Plan available on request